Buy The Book!
Marni Freedman invites you to fall in love with the magic that is writing with writer-tested-and-approved tools on story structure, scene creation, plot, voice, and character.
You need this kind of kick in the pants.
The master coach whose credits include writing a play that was turned into a Disney movie offers fresh and practical ideas on writing, including:
- The 15 Essential Plot Spots – a plotting tool for everything from novels to memoirs to screenplays
- The big list of 55 Character Archetypes
- Insights into figuring out how you (yes you) work as a writer
- The 5 elements that will ensure you have a compelling story idea
- A clear explanation of anti-heroes, anti-villains and everything in-between
- The 9 elements of crafting a dynamic character
- 3 steps to finding and boldly using your unique writer’s voice
“Can a book be practical and inspirational at the same time? Offer both structure and soul? Oh, yes it can. Master writing coach and teacher, Marni Freedman, does it all with good humor, a little bit of sass, and a great deal of heart, in her book, 7 Essential Writing Tools. Get it and get to work!” — Judy Reeves, author of Wild Women, Wild Voices and A Writer’s Book of Days